Chicks shipped but not recieved yet...update #2.

smile.png
sad.png
CHICKS ARE HERE. We got a call from the PO at 2 AM. I could hear the little peeps in the background. We had 7 DOA. 3 still a little slow at coming aroung. 1 is a favorelle she is having a real struggle. 2 buff brahmas doing okay not as active as others. We have 2 Araucanas,7 Australorps,6 Buff Orpingtons that are doing great. They have not stopped drinking ant eating since we got them home. I sure hope and pray the rest make it. It is so hard to watch them die and your've done everything possile to help them get started. It seems like a cruel way to start in the world-hatched out and thrown in a box for 3 days. They are the cutest little fuzz balls you have ever seen. I don't know if we can take ordering more to replace the lost ones. We are looking forward to happy days with the chicks watching them grow.

wow. I can't beleive that ratio that you got with your chicks. I am so sorry for your lose. We lsot chicks last year, but it was mostly because of the weather ( -9 when I left that morning to get them). Hope that the rest of your babies get better.

They are here!!! Tuesday 7am the PO called me to get them. 2 were DOA. 1 died a few mins later in the brooder. 1 is on her way out. 2 are VERY weak but holding their own so far. The rest are doing great. I will post pic as soon as I can.

Here is what we got:
2 Black Giant roos (1 free one)
smile.png

2 Speckled Sussex
2 Partridge Rocks
2 Buff Orps
2 Silver Spang. Hamburgs
2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
2 Mottled Houdans (very weak ones)
sad.png

2 Light Brahmas
1 Golden Polish (1 DOA, other is very weak)
sad.png

3 Turkens
3 EE
3 White Leghorns
1 White Crested Black Polish (1 DOA and 1 very weak)

Last edited:
As far as the crested ones go, mine are all smaller than the other chicks. But the silver spangled hamburgs seem to be the tiniest of all the ones I got. They are so cute. I love the white crested black polish! She is so cute and seems to be perking up some...she is standing and peeping now so I think thats a good sign.

Quote:
Wow! Quite a collection
Next time i shall do something like that.

i have 25 mottled houdans coming tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I have to agree... out of my order from MM last week of 13 different kinds of chicks, the wc polish and the hamburgs were the smallest. Now a little more than a week later they are still the smallest. The 3rd smallest continue to be the Black Star chicks (x2 of which have passed away). Some of the other chicks have shown significant growth but these 3 kinds are really lagging behind.

I originally ordered the WC Polish to be my special chick, but my wife fell in love with her so now she belongs to my wife. We call her 'Polly'... she's in my avatar
smile.png

Last edited:
We have lost 8 chicks now. 2 more are very close to dying and I cant help them anymore than I have been. I will be getting replacements but I will wait a few weeks so its a little warmer for the shipping.

Back
Top Bottom