Chicks sounds like geese

getreal

Songster
9 Years
May 9, 2014
Upper Peninsula of MI
My 4 month old chicks are sounding like geese. I found one laying on her side unable to use her legs yesterday morning. She passed during the night. Now another one is all puffed up . They are sounding like geese when they chirp. Any ideas what is going on?

Hi! Are there any other symptoms?

Can you post pictures?

What are you feeding them?

Where do they spend their days and nights?

Do you have vetricyn? Can you put it on their combs and wattles or under their beaks. Make sure they're eating and add nutri drench to their water, five days on five days off.

It sounds like a respiratory issue 😩

rapid weight loss, rapid onset. sounds like geese. no nasal discharge. the deceased one smelled really bad when I took her out of the pen. IMG-5545.jpg IMG-5546.jpg IMG-5547.jpg
I have vetrx, and Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel spray. I also have Tylan 200. I added denaguard in their water yesterday because I thought it might be a respiratory thing.
They are in the main coop in a separate pen as the adults. we are currently building an addition for them.
I only have picks of the deceased one right now. it's early here yet, I haven't been to check on the others yet. This one was in the house.

Did you look her over at all? When you say smells bad, can you describe it? Do you have nutri drench to add to their water? What are you feeding them? What does their poop look like?

I’m feeding them purina chickgrower/ finisher. I don’t know how to describe the smell. Like she’s been dead for days? Hard to explain. Her beak eyes looked ok, didn’t see anything unusual with her vent. Didn’t look at poop. Yes I have nutri drench. But I have denagard in the water now. I gave them a few drops of nutri drench in their mouths last night.

Please get a video of what they sound like.

You have Denagard and Tylan on hand, do you have a respiratory disease in your existing flock(s)?
What symptoms - bubbles in the eyes, facial swelling, coughing, sneezing?

Look inside beaks for lesions or canker.

Back
Top Bottom