Chicks with bloody poop

They have coccidiosis. It is not uncommon at all, even for chicks on medicated feed. Medicated feed can help, but it is not a guarantee. Get some Corid and treat them for 7 days at the full emergency dose, which I believe is 1.5 tsp / gallon of water and offer it as their only source of drinking water.

The only poops I could find to take pics of just now.

The edges around the lumps in them were all fresh blood yesterday.
IMG_20201222_174901.jpg
IMG_20201222_174908.jpg

This was the first one we noticed which was what told us something was wrong. The dark streaks are where it dripped.
IMG_20201222_174825.jpg

The chick with the lighter colored h
IMG_20201222_175316.jpg
IMG_20201222_175313.jpg
ead was the one that had it the worst, the poop in the pic above was from her.

Update. Haven't seen bloody poops the last few days. Instead, because I was doing a corid treatment on an icy day I am now having to wear an arm brace. good outcome for chickens but good and bad outcome for me XD

My two/three week old chicks got it, I lost six out of 26. I wasn’t able to get meds but a combo on acv, cinnamon, garlic, oregano oil and honey cured mine! I was so impressed by the effectiveness and so relieved because I had all of that stuff and no access to meds.

My two/three week old chicks got it, I lost six out of 26. I wasn’t able to get meds but a combo on acv, cinnamon, garlic, oregano oil and honey cured mine! I was so impressed by the effectiveness and so relieved because I had all of that stuff and no access to meds.
I've used some of those as supplementary meds before.

Back
Top Bottom