Chicks without a roaster?

Too right you are Glen. If you add a rooster, alot of the eggs will be fertile and will probably have a small blood spolt in the yolk. Not many people like that look in their eggs. If you gather fertile eggs and put in the refrigerator everyday, they won't get the bloot spot.

ab333 is asking about a roaster, not a rooster! Roasting pans are for the rooster that shows up in the batch of chicks... (sorry, humor is running amok, I'm signing off, turning off the computer...)

LMAS!!! Total spelling error:lol: I try to explain to them but they look at me like I am stupid. I tell them we(women) produce eggs without the men. They just don't get it. And I am new to this also:)

Quote:
HAH I said the same thing to my best girl friend. I asked her if she would ovulate even if there was no guy around, "Duh, of course." she said thinking one has nothing to do with the other. I told her well it's the same for chickens, they just ovulate every day or so. So she says, "Eww, I've never heard it put that way. I mean I get it now, but I'm never eating eggs again."
roll.png
Yes because the explanation has somehow changed what you've been eating for the last 24 years of your life? Get over yourself (to her about eating them, not to anyone here)

Quote:
Actually, that is not true. Both fertile and non-fertile eggs can get blood spots, they're rare, but occur occasionally. The big-ag facilities candle the eggs for blood or meat spots and toss them before shipping them out, so that is why you never see them in store bought eggs.

A lot of old-timers believed you needed to have a rooster to get eggs from a hen. The best way to answer that is to ask, "Does a woman need a man around to ovulate?" A bit crude, but gets the point across.

I so agree with the ovulation analogy. If someone "argues" with me about not getting eggs unless I have a rooster, I just use the ovulation analogy and it quiets them fairly quickly.

Quote:
Actually, that is not true. Both fertile and non-fertile eggs can get blood spots, they're rare, but occur occasionally. The big-ag facilities candle the eggs for blood or meat spots and toss them before shipping them out, so that is why you never see them in store bought eggs.

A lot of old-timers believed you needed to have a rooster to get eggs from a hen. The best way to answer that is to ask, "Does a woman need a man around to ovulate?" A bit crude, but gets the point across.

thumbsup.gif

Blood spots happen and meat spots happen. Has nothing to do with having a rooster. Or a roaster for that matter.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom