Chik-bator hatchling

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Freddy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Freddy

Freddy Out Of The Brooder

I had placed 4 eggs in my chik bator. Yesterday on day 20 I had a hatch. oh 2 eggs never developed so I guess they were not fertile and out of the 2 that did one hatched. Im not sure what it is cuz I pulled fromed different hens. I think it could be a mexed white jap bantam with a game bantam hen. So far nothing from the other egg. well I have to get to work once I find out how to put pics on here i will but one up of the little one.....My very first hatchling! ~:>

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Do you mean that little yellow plastic thingy? Friend of mine gave one to my kids. But i heard too many stories of heart broken kids because those things are so unreliable. but anyways
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] YAY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Freddy

Quote:Yeah me too but if you place it in a cardboard box the temp tends to hold better.

4. CuddlesXL

CuddlesXL Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2007
    Congratulations Freddy.I had Two hatch today also. I wondered about those Chick-bators myself.
    glad it worked for you. Good job!

5. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Congratulations Freddy!
    I am real happy for you.

6. Freddy

Well here it is the pic of my chikbator hatchling, the other one didn't hatch [​IMG] and a few pics of my LG hatchlings that just started hatching a half hour ago. 3 have made it out so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Freddy

I now have 6 outof my LG and I hear a couple more pipes and one egg that keeps rolling around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by