Chiken sleep

tash

Songster
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
ohio
Last night we had a storm kick up really quick. Tornado warnings, things blowing around. I went out to rescue things like our dog house and picnic table and my oldest brought in the dog and decided to get the 3 six week old chicks we have too. Because of the awful weather and their age I let her move them back inside into a brooder (they have been out all day/night for almost a week and doing fine). She just woke me up because one (her favorite, a super friendly bo) is not moving while the other two are. So our question is, could she just be really really asleep or is she gone? If she died could it have been the storm (my daughter said the chicks were 'blown up against the wall' when she got them) or do you think it was piling at their age? I am hoping someone is on right now. Thank you.

She is still not moving. I think we lost her. :(

My daughter is very sad. She says she wants to get more buffs just like Lucy.

I am also worried the EE might be a boy. So this just might leave us with the one hen.

I am also worried the EE might be a boy. So this just might leave us with the one hen.

Hi tash

I could not definitively tell you that she is gone as you would be the best judge of that; being with her. Her not having moved for over an hour, is not good. Even if she was sleeping, she should wake up when you pick her up.

You should be able to see her chest moving as she breathes.

Chicks can be fragile and maybe the pressure of being pushed against the wall had caused some internal damage or she had gone into shock.

I am so sorry for yours and your daughter’s loss
sad.png

Pretty sure she is gone. She still isn't moving. My daughter told me she was worried about her (when she was acting fine) and put a blanket over her so that might have also done it. :( She was a great little chicken. So friendly. :'(

Back
Top Bottom