Chillin' in MD in Bethesda...anyone else here?

PastaChickenBoo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
MD
HI FELLOW BETHESDA-ers (or whatever)! IS there anyone out there in this little census-designated-place? Anyone? I thought everyone would know about this town because it has NIH in it!!!!!
Oh well. Rockvillers and Gaithersburgers welcome. Basically everyone from the DC area is welcome.

Hey! Hi! If you don't mind sharing, where are you? I'm in Ceciltucky. Our main flock - all nine lonely little biddies - is Nankin Bantam. The rest - maybe a dozen or so - are a mix of whatever struck our fancy - a handful of Sebrights, a few Porcelain D-Uccles and one lone Silkie (who thinks he's a house-chicken!) Except for the Nankins (and Herman, the Silkie) all are short-term 4H projects.

Awesome! I was beginning to think that Maryland had seceded from the Chicken Union! I've been reading entries and articles from pretty much everywhere else in the country but this is the first time I've found anyone (currently) in MD. It's nice to know that some other Crazy Chicken People live in my own back yard!

We live in a really small town and have to watch the noise and structures, so chicken options are limited. That's why we only have bantams. Our main love is the Nankin - a really small, really old bantie that I actually had as a kid. I wish I'd known then how rare they were. I would have kept them up. As it is, we were lucky to find our original biddies at all. It took us almost three years to find someone who had chicks to share! They were worth the wait, though. They're sweet little birds with a ton of personality. We actually have three 12-month old roos who walk on leashes. It's really fun to take them school-hopping. The kids LOVE it!

Hey - you wouldn't happen to know anyone interested in a small starter flock of silver and gold laced Sebrights, would you? We have five 10-12 week old youngsters to sell, cheap (cheep?) - three pullets (one gold, two silvers,) a nice-looking golden cockerel and one younger golden who may well be a cockerel, too. we're planning to advertise them at the Cecil County 4H Breeder's Fair in a couple of weeks, but it never hurts to ask!

Back
Top Bottom