Chimney sweeps

boaz

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Woodville, MS
Ruth will have to help me with the resolution, chimney sweeps, I think that is what they are, coming out at night.

32521_house.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Did you mean Chimney Swifts? Birds, or men that come out with brushes to clean the flue. I'll look up Chimney Swift.

I did mean Chimney Swift, thanks, sweep is a commonly used improper term for them. These are coming out of the chimneys at dusk, the bats come out of small holes in the front columns and are not visible in this shot, am still trying to find out where the flying monkeys are coming from.

Last edited:
Swifts or sweeps - same thing when hundreds of them come out of your chimneys at dusk and circle the sky. The swifts do a great job of sweeping the chimneys.

We have nine fireplaces - 8 on 2 chimneys and one on a separate chimney - in this 100 year old home. We have never used the fireplaces because we know the chimneys are full of birds. I had to close all flues when we bought the house two years ago because the fireplaces were full of droppings, feathers, ashes and just a general mountain of stuff they were dropping down the chimney.

If you look closely in the picture you'll notice the sky over the house is covered in birds. They are amazing to watch. Fying out, circling around, diving back down chimney.

I also thought the picture looked nice and spooky.

And yes, we have thousands of bats but they come out of the porch ceilings and columns at dusk.

Nothing like living in an old plantation home.

Back
Top Bottom