Chin Swelling?

Micmac1234

Songster
Apr 13, 2021
Colorado
26582FFE-0FFD-414A-8E70-FBEA50AFB0B2.jpeg

I am not sure if this is normal with comb development or if something is wrong with her… would love some input!!!

Attachments

• B005AB38-5A74-43D0-ADE4-55AA4F7D1840.jpeg
    B005AB38-5A74-43D0-ADE4-55AA4F7D1840.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 5
How long have the wattles been swollen? Is it soft or firm? Is there any purple bruising? Sometimes a tick bite or sting may cause this, and a hard peck injury might also be the case, and lastly, a tumor may be possible.

How long have the wattles been swollen? Is it soft or firm? Is there any purple bruising? Sometimes a tick bite or sting may cause this, and a hard peck injury might also be the case, and lastly, a tumor may be possible.
It’s not rock hard but it’s not soft enough that I can completely push it in… does that make sense? No bruising, and she’s only 4 months so I hope it’s not a tumor!!!

And it doesn’t look like the wattle is swollen, just in between them right under the beak. It hasn’t been like this for more than a week but I can’t tell definitively when it started.

What's it look like when you open her beak and look at the lower beak for swelling inside
? She is a beautiful bird . I love the feather lacing . May be an abscess of some kind . Also look for a small pinhole It has all the looks of a warble . If it is a warble you can pull it out with tweezers . Warbles come from skeeter bites . A type of bot fly that hi jacks a skeeter in midflight and lays eggs under the skeeters head . When the skeeter bites the wax melts and the tiny maggot burrows into the bite and grows to a large size .

Last edited:
What's it look like when you open her beak and look at the lower beak for swelling inside
? She is a beautiful bird . I love the feather lacing . May be an abscess of some kind .
So I’m not an expert on the insides of chickens mouths since that’s the first time I’ve ever looked inside one 🤣 but I did not see anything that looked out of the ordinary. Her eyes both look the same and normal. That second photo makes it look weird but the first picture is how they both look.
Thank you!!! I love the way the sun hits her feathers in the picture.

? She is a beautiful bird . I love the feather lacing . May be an abscess of some kind . Also look for a small pinhole It has all the looks of a warble . If it is a warble you can pull it out with tweezers . Warbles come from skeeter bites . A type of bot fly that hi jacks a skeeter in midflight and lays eggs under the skeeters head . When the skeeter bites the wax melts and the tiny maggot burrows into the bite and grows to a large size .
It’s harder than I thought too. Where would the pinhole be? Just anywhere on the outside where the swelling is?

Back
Top Bottom