China geese.... Have pink feet..........??

kellyjo8437

Songster
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Dunnellon
I have just acquired a new set of China geese. The female has already laid me 2 eggs!! (in 7 days!!!) I found out information on their worming and they are UTD on it. My question is the female has pink feet, and her bill is very pink/orangish as well. Where-as her feathered mate had a very orange bill and feet. I have done some research and not found much on the subject. Anyone who can shed some light on this for me? Thank you!!

I know when my geese were younger they had more of pinkish color legs and bill. They gradually changed to orange.

However it's odd that she was old enough to lay eggs and still be pink.

Yeah Im wondering if I should be worried about a nutritional problem or something of that nature?
They all get good food, Purina Flock Raiser and Cracked Corn and sometimes a little bread. In truth the yard doesn't have a lot of green foliage, I put down hay for them cause I was told some geese and ducks will eat it since they don't get grass.
I am also unsure of their ages, previous owner gave them to me to cut down on feed bills. Should I be supplimenting them anything since they don't get grass?? They pick at the hay but I don't think they eat a lot of it. Thanks!!!

If she was deficient it would show more in her bill. I have 3 breeds and they all have varying degrees of orange-y red feet. As long as she has good color in her face and is laying (odd time of year to lay though) then they are probably fine. I supplement with turnip greens and I get really good (horse) grassy hay and leave a loose bale where they can pull on it if they want. Not sure if they are really eating it or just playing with it, but it smells good so I don't care.

I have actually tried giving turnip greens, they don't eat them, they wither up and blow away. I have also tried spinach, tomatoes, celery and lettuce. The chickens ate most of the tomatoes but other then that after 4 days in a row I stopped offering.

Back
Top Bottom