Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

I'm almost positive this one is a roo. darn it

I can already see a cushion, so yeah I think so, but what a cutie!

Going to be picking up my son and pay a bill, so I'll take pics later.

Hopefully I'll have more by then.

No other pips at all and this one is just sitting in the egg and not doing much of anything, so I hope he comes out to play soon.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHH

He's out!

Quote:
Toni go to the Quail forum and at the top click on the sticky for quail info and one of those has the info on it. I will go try to find it for you. Be right back. LOL!

Toni here is the floating egg thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=383525

I have tried it with quail eggs and I got it to work on a few eggs. I have never tried it on chicken eggs. Just be really careful and check all eggs really good for pips, if they have pips don't put them in the water it can get in the shell and drown them. I would also wait until they are past due to try it. Just my opinion.
smile.png

Happy Birthday Wolftracks and Daisychick!
woot.gif

So glad to see so many of you have bouncing babies. You know we need pics, right?
wink.png

I have a sinking feeling last nights 'pip' is actually a tiny bit of paper stuck to it from the carton. No movement and all is silent.

justtoni44, wow that was close! Good luck keeping those chickens safe.
fl.gif

Quote:
Oh my goodness what did I do?
th.gif
I wanted to make blue egg laying silkies, so I let some arcaunas with the silkies, the others were in with the BCM roo for olive eggers and it appears I sent you the wrong ones
hide.gif
All the eggs are the same pretty blue *sigh* I'm guessing we scrambled the olive eggers for breakfast. I'm sorry.

I hatched one the same color today. It keeps peeping at the other blue egg and I can hear it hollering back, so hopefully it will hatch soon.

Back
Top Bottom