Chinese painted/button quail

Pics
Thank you so much much for all that information FirstTimeClucky! :)

I don't mind the button quails not getting tame as long as they don't have coronaries every time I have to clean them out! :eek: I don't like the sound of their murderous tendencies though! :eek:

Well done!

Sometimes they don't make the best parents either so you need to have provisions to take care of chicks too if you have a pair.

Well done!

Sometimes they don't make the best parents either so you need to have provisions to take care of chicks too if you have a pair.
Oh, I thought it was very rare for them to brood long enough??

Oh, I thought it was very rare for them to brood long enough??
Not in my experience. You could of course just make sure you remove all the eggs, so they have no chance, but I just meant if you're worried about them attacking each other it's not just each other, so just something to bear in mind if you found yours got broody.

Oh ok, I think remove them then. Have your button pairs ever attacked each other
Not in my experience. You could of course just make sure you remove all the eggs, so they have no chance, but I just meant if you're worried about them attacking each other it's not just each other, so just something to bear in mind if you found yours got broody.
Oh ok, I think I would remove them then! Have your button pairs ever attacked each other?

Back
Top Bottom