Chiro for a chicken?

PaulaJoAnne

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
I have an odd question.
One of our cochins has an interesting problem.
A couple of months ago, it would seem that she injured herself hopping off the roost.
For a good 6 weeks, she did very odd things with her neck. Craning it all the back, doing 180s, laying it in her back, etc.
This went on all the time!!
She went off her feed for the first 2 days, but then bounced back in that regard.
Now, her neck issues have nearly disapeared, but at the same time, she seems to be having further issues.
She hunches and twists her whole body up, with her wings 1/2 way out, and sort of freezes in place.
I have tried to see what is going on when this happens, and she is as stiff as a board.
She will then shake off whatever it is after a couple of minutes.

Is it possible her spine is all out of whack, and needs adjusting? How would I proceed?
What else should I look for?
I want to figure this out for her, as she is due to start laying any day now, and we need the eggs.

She needs you to massage the neck and feed her some vit's and wet mash for the nurological construction of her body

I would give the chicken the high vitamin's and wet mash. Vitamin E, and Vitamin B complexH treatment for the nervous system which is effected.

The best thing for the chicken is the wet mash probiotic with Vit E and Vit B complex this will help her nervous system which is being attacked at this time , because you see discordanation in her attempt to walk okay. Also by twisting her neck she is showing the nerves are effected.
The high vit's and wet mash will be effective.

DO THIS
*** note if you leave her with other chickens to doctor her ( which I would not) then multiply amt of wet mash probiotic and vit's by amt of chickens fed the wet mash recipe given here.

(A) natural probiotic wet mash with Vit E and Vit B complex added immediately as well as the Vit D.
Basically the chicken has some nerve damage, do this immediately for her neurolodigal help.
Vit E and Vit B complex for nervous disorder. Also the apple cider vineager in water, which will also help the body to become better gut flora.

(1) 2 tbsp per gallon of water till chicken is well and the 2 times a week for life

(2 Immediately give the chicken 1000 mg capsule of liquid Vit E by cutting the end of the capsule and taking the vit E liquid and mix in wet mash probiotic

(2-B) Total amt of capsules equals the total amt of chickens fed vit's

(3 also need to crush a vit B complex pill in tablespoon and add it the chickens wet mash after it is disolved

(4) also a Vit D crush and put in the wet mash probiotic

(5) then give this to the chicken twice a week for two weeks should see much improvement

(6 Do 3 Vit's twice today then for 7 days till you see some improvement in the chicken

(7 today I would see if the chicken will eat a wet mash with the Vitamins E and B complex and Vit D. by adding 1 tbsp of apple sauce to top of the mixture for chickens taste.

(8) THIS IS FOR ONE CHICKEN (multiply by the amt of chickens you have to eat this wet mash and Vitamins)

Natural Probiotic Wet Mash for one chicken
3 tbp of dry crumbles
4 tbp of milk sweet, sour or buttermilk
1 tbsp of non flavored yogurt
mix good and put the
vit E liquid as directed in the wet mash
and crumble the Vit B complex tablet in a tabsp and add to the wet mash
also vit D crushed in wet mash
**BESURE AND MIX VIT'S VERY GOOD IN WET MASH***
distribute in feeders equally so all chickens get their share.

(9 Do this twice a day for 7 days to see if the chicken is better ( if not well completely do for another week)
then do this once a day for another week then once a week for a while.
This should give the nervous system some stability

(10) They should clean it up in 20-30 minutes Clean wet feeders
and then restock the dry crumbles

email me with any questions.

Back
Top Bottom