Chirping but no pip, problem or not? **UDATE* I have 3 chick

Please keep me updated!!

I have followed your posts since April. I built my incubator not long after you guys did. I am pulling for you over here!!!!

I am hoping and praying your hatch is happy & healthy!!!
fl.gif

hugs.gif

One more pip that cracked quit a bit and is farther along than the first pip.
one that has a lot of (zipped)? large crack and gap but not all the way out.
one that is still just a small pip.
and now I have to go to bed I am exhausted from all this.... hopefully by morning there will be more progress
bow.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif
jumpy.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
th.gif
th.gif

we are waiting too!! It is very hard for me to hear any chirping with the fan going. I think I see a few move now and then but it such a small movement I can't tell
Day 21 today and nothing yet- no pips or cracks. I had to come home and wait til tomorrow. The incubator is in my classroom at school for my 2nd graders
humidity is 66% and temp 99.6
Should I be worried?
Also, I counted day one as the day we set the eggs so I accidentally started lockdown on day 17 but couldn't get humidity above 59% until middle of day 2.. now it has been steady at 65%
Are those little guys okay? Did I doom them by starting lockdown a day early???
Gosh, now i feel awful!
HOPing to come into school tomorrow to at least a few pips
Thanks

Technically it is was day 23 when my first one actually hatched out a few minutes ago. YIPPYYYYYYYY I have another one almost hatched and the one with just a small pip.

okay makes me feel better.. I really hope they are okay in there..
Wish I could run back to school right now and check. Maybe my husband can on his way home from work
Thanks for your help.. I will keep you posted congrats on your chicks!!

I have a total of 3 hatched one doesn't look so good not getting up and moving around but not sure when hatched could have been after 11pm last night or right before I got up at 7am this morning so will see how it does.
I have a question though should the two that hatched last night STILL be wet? I am going to make another post with this question because I just don't think they should still be as wet as last night. And no more have piped or anything.
3 out of 19 doesn't seem very good so far. So I am wondering if my humidity is too high.

Back
Top Bottom