Chirping but not Peeping or Hatching

fuzzyandchippy

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 22, 2014
One of my eggs is 21 days along. Yesterday on day 20 I started hearing chirping and was so excited. For over 24 hours its been chirping but not peeping. I am concerned it will run out of air, and I am also starting to suspect its not strong enough to get through the shell, like perhaps something about how I kept the temp/humidity over the past 21 days have set up less than ideal conditions (only one out of six eggs is showing any signs of life). The humidity is about where it should be but I was not good about keeping it humid throughout the 21 days.
Anyway, I poked a tiny little hole through air sack to give her some air, but not sure what to do. Its been 28 hours of chirping but no peeping or breaking out of shell. Still chirping, so I guess I haven't hurt it so far.
Thanks

I'd just let it be and keep an eye on it. Keep the humidity up. ;)

I'd just let it be and keep an eye on it. Keep the humidity up. ;)

One of my eggs is 21 days along. Yesterday on day 20 I started hearing chirping and was so excited. For over 24 hours its been chirping but not peeping. I am concerned it will run out of air, and I am also starting to suspect its not strong enough to get through the shell, like perhaps something about how I kept the temp/humidity over the past 21 days have set up less than ideal conditions (only one out of six eggs is showing any signs of life). The humidity is about where it should be but I was not good about keeping it humid throughout the 21 days.
Anyway, I poked a tiny little hole through air sack to give her some air, but not sure what to do. Its been 28 hours of chirping but no peeping or breaking out of shell. Still chirping, so I guess I haven't hurt it so far.
Thanks
Sometimes they're a little late. How were your temps through out?

This is the best forum ever. Thank you so much. I am truly surprised one made it at all. My bulb was too hot most of the way through and I did not get correct bulb till half way through. all that to say there were a few times it was way too hot four a few hours. So has run hot. Not sure what to expect on the other eggs. this is my first time trying this. We got a rooster by mistake so this is a new experiment. Believe it or not after 30 attempts with those rooster collars he has not crowed in weeks :)

Wow, they worked?!?! I may need to look into those 😂 my rooster never shuts up

So sadly I think I should have trusted my instincts and helped him out of the egg after over 24 hours of chirping. He chirped up to 36 hours, and then died sometime today. The chick was fully developed and pretty much all of the yolk was gone. Of course he or she was probably weaker than average considering it could not get out of egg by itself, but I wonder if it would have had a better shot outside of the egg. The other five eggs are a no go. One of them had a baby chick in it that probably died just a couple days ago, and the others looked like they did not develop much at all. So onto my second try.

Aw, so sorry. Usually if they can't get out they don't make it anyway, but it's still hard. I hope you have better luck with your next try. Sometimes it's just not meant to be. I really thought he'd be ok though. Sorry :(

Thanks. Yeah I know his chances were less than average. Those cute little chirps were so adorable. Will try again. Already got next batch in the incubator. February 29th here we come.

Back
Top Bottom