Chirping in the bator !

Janine sorry I got your name wrong. lol That's what happens when you get old.
lol.png

Sure I'll have some for you. Just let me know and I'll add you to my list. How are your others doing?

Shortcake1806 wrote:
Sure I'll have some for you. Just let me know and I'll add you to my list. How are your others doing?

Great! I'll pm you when I figure out my dates. Since I was using a homemade 'bator last year (had a LOT of fluctuations!), I only had one hatch. Unfortunately, about 6 weeks ago, I lost him to a coyote attack.
hit.gif
I haven't been able to post about it as I was (still am!) very upset about it. He was a beautiful roo! Sweet also! I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get any pics of him. I was waiting until his tail feathers got a little more impressive.
th.gif
Why do the predators always take the favorite?
sad.png

Oh no Janine, I'm soo sorry. That's the way it always works isn't it? They never take the mean or ugly ones it's always your biggest, best and favorite.

Yes, it was a lesson hard learned.
old.gif
He was one of seven lost but losing him hurt the most. We now have a Great Pyr pup to eventually guard the chooks and goats.

Yay Tracy!! Can't wait to hear what emerges! I have four more days on the two dellie chicks that are still going from the wacky adventures of that last batch of eggs! I'll just tell them their brothers and sisters are coming out now, so they should hang in there..."peep pressure"? ugh sorry baaaaad one...

Congrats! Go little chickies!

Sorry guys I forgot to update. So far 4 orps hatched 2 delawares, and 1 partridge rock. There's another orp pipping and one I thought wasn't going to hatch so I cracked it open and the chick is still alive. I put it back in the bator with a damp paper towel under it. Hopefully I didn't kill it. My therm must have been off and my temps to low. My brinsea one's batteries were dead and I put the old manual one in. I got batteries for the digital one on hatch day and it read about 3-4 degrees lower than the other one. So now I"m just waiting. Hopeing some of the others will hatch late.

Back
Top Bottom