Chirping stopped and no pipping

hennyrickson

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
Good morning! I am on day number 22 and last night I heard chirping but this morning they are quiet and not moving at all. I also could not see a pip. I know mine are late bloomers. I candled them and they looked great on day 18, but I've had a hard time keeping my still air hova bator at 99.5. There were a few times it dropped a few degrees for a few hours. I have already fell in love with the chicks and they haven't even hatched yet so I really hope they are still alive. Does anyone know why the chicks stopped chirping and rolling? Of they chirped last night will they hatch soon if everything is okay? This sounds silly, but I'm contemplating playing them chick chirping sounds to encourage them. Thanks for all your help in advance!

Good morning! I am on day number 22 and last night I heard chirping but this morning they are quiet and not moving at all. I also could not see a pip. I know mine are late bloomers. I candled them and they looked great on day 18, but I've had a hard time keeping my still air hova bator at 99.5. There were a few times it dropped a few degrees for a few hours. I have already fell in love with the chicks and they haven't even hatched yet so I really hope they are still alive. Does anyone know why the chicks stopped chirping and rolling? Of they chirped last night will they hatch soon if everything is okay? This sounds silly, but I'm contemplating playing them chick chirping sounds to encourage them. Thanks for all your help in advance!
They can take up to 24 hours from internal pip before pipping externally. Learning to use their lungs can be very tiring. Playing the chick peeping sounds couldn't hurt. I've read some studies where eggs that were close enough together to hear each others' peeps often hatched faster. It actually does encourage them.

Back
Top Bottom