1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chocolate Calls, White Call & Silver Appleyards

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by swheat, Oct 9, 2010.

1. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I don't know what came over me to by a pen full of drakes [​IMG] [​IMG] , but here they are. Sorry the pics are not that good I wanted to take a couple before it got dark outside. I will take some better ones to post later. I guess I am in need of a couple of ducks to go with my drakes. These boys are very small. The white call is 2 yo and the others are this years birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Oh they are so beautiful! Jealous here. Drakes or hens, Calls are the best. [​IMG]

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Yes, they are beautiful...[​IMG] I guess that is why I brought them home with me. [​IMG]

4. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 4 Calls 2 boys 2 girls.... luv them luv them [​IMG] r u having problems with all drakes ??

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Well Steve I have eggs in the incubator right now due to hatch any day. I think I have whites, greys, and snowys, if my memory serves me right.

Laurie

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:Yes, Big Problem with all drakes...They don't lay eggs..[​IMG]

Quote:Laurie, If you BY any chance hatch all girls PLEASE keep me in mind.

ETA- I didn't even know they laid this time of year...I thought call only laid in the spring. Cool !

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  7. afeatherfan

afeatherfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    wv
    Quote:you said you need a couple hens >>>you need a pen full of hens for all those boys...[​IMG] Ilove my calls.. I know what ya mean when you just cant help your self .. I did the same thing with turkey poults 29 of them LOL..

8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    More pics of Silver Appleyard Call

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN

ETA- I didn't even know they laid this time of year...I thought call only laid in the spring. Cool !

They're just starting to hatch so I'll let you know. All these ducks except my whites were hatched late last December and early this January. So they're ALL laying. Today my husband found about 30 eggs between all the Call pens! They're laying up a storm!

Laurie

10. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop

They're just starting to hatch so I'll let you know. All these ducks except my whites were hatched late last December and early this January. So they're ALL laying. Today my husband found about 30 eggs between all the Call pens! They're laying up a storm!

Laurie

Awesome ! I had no idea they layed like that. I know muscovies lay throughout the year. I thought all other duck laid from Jan to April(aside from the egg layer ducks). I hope you have great success hatching them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by