14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I don't know what came over me to by a pen full of drakes
barnie.gif
he.gif
, but here they are. Sorry the pics are not that good I wanted to take a couple before it got dark outside. I will take some better ones to post later. I guess I am in need of a couple of ducks to go with my drakes. These boys are very small. The white call is 2 yo and the others are this years birds.

7576_dsc6.jpg

7576_dsc8.jpg

7576_dsc12.jpg

7576_dsc15.jpg

Quote:
Yes, Big Problem with all drakes...They don't lay eggs..
lau.gif

Quote:
Laurie, If you BY any chance hatch all girls PLEASE keep me in mind.

ETA- I didn't even know they laid this time of year...I thought call only laid in the spring. Cool !

Last edited:
Quote:
you said you need a couple hens >>>you need a pen full of hens for all those boys...
roll.png
Ilove my calls.. I know what ya mean when you just cant help your self .. I did the same thing with turkey poults 29 of them LOL..

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:

ETA- I didn't even know they laid this time of year...I thought call only laid in the spring. Cool !

They're just starting to hatch so I'll let you know. All these ducks except my whites were hatched late last December and early this January. So they're ALL laying. Today my husband found about 30 eggs between all the Call pens! They're laying up a storm!

Laurie

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:

They're just starting to hatch so I'll let you know. All these ducks except my whites were hatched late last December and early this January. So they're ALL laying. Today my husband found about 30 eggs between all the Call pens! They're laying up a storm!

Laurie

Awesome ! I had no idea they layed like that. I know muscovies lay throughout the year. I thought all other duck laid from Jan to April(aside from the egg layer ducks). I hope you have great success hatching them.

Back
Top Bottom