Chocolate & olives....what a lovely combination!

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
This auction is for 6-8 Black Copper Marans hatching eggs and 6-8 olive egger hatching eggs.

My gals have been laying since February, so color on the Marans has lightened up - but I will include a shell sample of when they were laying darker so you'll see firsthand how dark the genetics are for egg color in this line. The olive egger eggs lighten up as well as they go through their cycle. You will get some first generation (offspring will lay a medium olive egg) and some second generation (which will lay a dark olive egg).

My Black Copper Marans are a blend of Davis, W. Jeane (his original line), and a tiny bit of Presely.

Here is my current male in the Marans pen, which will be the father of all the eggs - this photo was taken at 18 weeks, and he is now older & more filled out. He's a VERY VERY nice example of the breed, IMHO - excellent color balance, and nice, long back - which is what I'd been hoping for from that hatch:

18wkoldBCMcockerel.jpg

Here is one of my hens - she's a bit mossy, but her egg color is just awesome:

Firz-xtracoppera.jpg

Here is a pure Davis hen:

Hammondpullet-20wks.jpg

I don't have a ton of super current pics - sorry!

The olive egger gals - I have one EE that is a "blue wheaten" in color - VERY pretty gal, and she lays huge eggs - always XL and sometimes Jumbo. Her offspring has been about 50/50 black or blue. My 2nd generation gals are solid black and are fathered by a pure Blue Ameraucana - they look VERY much like purebred BLACK Ameraucanas, except with light shank feathering.

This is a PayPal only auction - payment is due by 5 p.m. Eastern time the day the auction ends, and eggs will be shipped out via USPS with Delivery Confirmation the next day.Thanks for looking!

I should add that the auction picture was taken with a bright flash. The eggs in my avatar are more close to the actual color I get when they are at their best.

Quote:
Throwing sand in my eye is playing dirty! Bidding last minute when I up and walked away is FAIR PLAY!
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif
Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom