1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Chocolate Orpington Thread*

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:When I took those pics, he had Chocolates and Blacks in together. You are correct about the colors. [​IMG]

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:The ones radirevo has weren't used to being handled, as they were imported...and yet I scooped them up and squeezed them without ado.

I think, in general, Orps have a placid happy nature and these seem to be just in accord.

3. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    If anyone has any hatching eggs or chicks for sale that are NPIP please let me know! I really love these birds! Thank you!

Nate

4. Binababy

Binababy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Florida
    Anyone here?:)

5. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Gorgeous!!!!!
    I have blues but I am loving the chocolates!!!!

Caroline

6. Binababy

Binababy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Florida
    Yes I agree they are!:) I am trying to find me some!:)

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I have chocolate bantams available. True bantams about 3-4 lbs.

8. MontanaDolphin

MontanaDolphin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013
    Columbia, Virginia
    I just got my hands on one of these guys by pure accident! I went to a neighbor's farm to pick up a new roo...an EE...and saw five of these gorgeous birds walking around. I asked her "Oh my gosh those are GORGEOUS!!! What are they??" and she replied " Those are Chocololate Orpingtons...all cockerels...please take one home, I have too many!" So my mom came home with the EE, and I came home with the Chocolate Orpington!
    Oh, and her EE has Ameracauna for a mama, and a BIG Chocolate Orpington for a dad...not a bantam!

My new guy:
    [​IMG]

My mom's new guy:
    [​IMG]

9. MontanaDolphin

MontanaDolphin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013
    Columbia, Virginia
    So, my Choc. Orp. bantam did not fit in well with my flock. The EE took top spot right away, and he and all the pullets relentlessly attacked my guy, whom I named Pipsqueak (due to his pathetic crow lol). So, he was removed from the fray, and I went and got him a girl. A female Chocolate Orpington bantam, a week younger than him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bantams321

bantams321 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    These are my two chocolate orps, Marbles and Mayble :) we are currently incubating 9 eggs has anyone hatched chocolate orpington eggs before? Any tips?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by