Chocolate Orpington w/Constant Diarrhea

Kristen4

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2024
I have a chocolate orpington hen that is a little over a year old. She has been having constant diarrhea for months. She is still active, eating & drinking. She does not itch all the time, so I don't think it's mites. I tried Corid for 5 days and it did not relieve it. I have seperated her, within the "playground" but that seems to be stressing her out more. Any suggestions?

Can you send photos of her poop? Sometimes some hens just drink a lot more water than others do and get this watery poo. One of my hens is like that and she is perfectly happy and healthy and still crows every morning :)

Sure!
Poop.jpg

When did you last deworm your flock?
I haven't officially dewormed. I use garlic, greek yogurt, oregano and other herbs pretty frequently. I haven't seen any worms. Is there something else I should be doing? These are my first chickens. :)

I haven't officially dewormed. I use garlic, greek yogurt, oregano and other herbs pretty frequently. I haven't seen any worms. Is there something else I should be doing? These are my first chickens. :)
Maybe a proper deworming using Flubendazole, Fenbendazole or Albendazole will stop the diarrhea as it works much better than so-called natural remedies.

I am all for oregano, greek natural yoghurt etc. but they will not deworm chickens.

And welcome to the BYC community! :frow

That would depend on the country you live in.

In the U.S. you would be able to find several of the above listed dewormers in feed stores or similar.

Your vet could also supply with dewormers and would be able to examine fecal samples.

Back
Top Bottom