Chocolate Orpington?

Haviris

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
I guess it's my week for odd ball colors. So I had a staggered hatch, my blue/blue/splash Ameraucanas were 1st. First chick out was all yellow, I could see another and it was really light, I started thinking a mistake had been made and I'd gotten white Ameraucanas instead, but the next two to hatch were both dark and the light one I saw was a splash. There are 3 blacks in the bunch and two of them have red faces! They look abit like the blue orp crossed with buff orps I've seen pics of. So what do you all think? Are odd ball colors common or is something up? They are supposed to be from a blue roo and blue and black hens.

So anyway next up was my blue orp eggs, I ended up with 3 chicks, one blue, one black, and a chocolate? When it was wet it looked blue then as it dried it looked blue with red high lights, but now all dry and all chocolate! It's very cute, but not what I was expecting. So anyway here is a pic w/ the two normal colored chicks for comparison.
007-1.jpg

To be honest I was abit disappointed when I saw it, but I do really like the color, I can't wait to see what it looks like after it grows up!

oh someone posted not too long ago about the coming of chocolates, it's a keeper!! if it's a choco it's offspring will be in high demand
clap.gif

Last edited:
They were under the light when the pic was taken, he's all chocolate even his feet, it's a very pretty color. I can't wait to see what he looks like feathered out!

Wow! Your really lucky! They are a fortune in the uk. None at all in Large breed.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom