Chocolate Orpington

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickntime, Sep 28, 2013.

1. chickntime

chickntime Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2013
    How much should I charge for my chocolate Orpington bantam? She is at laying age.[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    idk, but boy is she pretty! looks close to some red cochins i had

3. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:is she based on recessive sex linked Chocolate?(choc) or Autosomal Dun I/I^D

4. chickntime

Jun 26, 2013
    Thank you:)

5. chickntime

Jun 26, 2013
    Oh no I'm not sure! I paid 30 for her as a pullet. Not that that means anything:/ I bought her from a local trusted breeder. Should I ask him before I price her?

6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wouldnt hurt to ask, mabey he would make an offer, but go high you can allways drop the price if u need to

7. jkmattena

jkmattena Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2012
    Hello!
    I purchased some chocolate Orpington hatching eggs from someone I found on BYC and I'm just not sure if they are indeed chocolate Orpington eggs. Can anyone explain to me what they look like? Are they very large, are they dark brown light brown, etc. Even better if you have a picture could you post it?
    The eggs I received were cream colored, very small, about the size of a phoenix egg and not much bigger than a quail egg. I just want to make sure I got what I purchased because they were very expensive. It was interesting also because I purchased 18 eggs and one hatched.
    Thank you for the help!

8. chickntime

Jun 26, 2013
    i am not sure but i know my girl is pretty small so i imagine the eggs will be too! sorry to hear just one hatched:(

9. chickntime

Jun 26, 2013
    Ok my girl lays a cream colored egg a bit bigger than my dwarf amaracanas:) I'm sure your chic that hatched has grown by now though:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by