Chocolate Orps have landed in the States!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
The biggest difference is type and range of color.

I have family in the United Kingdom and Southern Spain. Believe me, I've thought about how much cheaper it would be for them to acquire the eggs/birds on their end... I look at the prices listed on the UK auction sites and my jaw just drops.

Regardless though, we would still have to go through the import process and pay all the legal fees associated with that.

Maybe I should just move to Europe... then I'd have a flock of every color!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:

I have family in the United Kingdom and Southern Spain. Believe me, I've thought about how much cheaper it would be for them to acquire the eggs/birds on their end... I look at the prices listed on the UK auction sites and my jaw just drops.

Regardless though, we would still have to go through the import process and pay all the legal fees associated with that.

lol.png

Not really
tongue.png
well, I'm not sure about american customs but you could actually put a pack of eggs in you backpack/ bag for hand luggage and you'll be able to pass as i did that when i went on holiday and had bought something similar through
roll.png

Quote:

lol.png

Not really
tongue.png
well, I'm not sure about american customs but you could actually put a pack of eggs in you backpack/ bag for hand luggage and you'll be able to pass as i did that when i went on holiday and had bought something similar through
roll.png

They would get confiscated and destroyed.

Quote:

lol.png

Not really
tongue.png
roll.png

Import to Mexico than walk across the border with a carton in your backpack?
tongue.png

I've thought of it, yes...

Quote:
The largest difference is their shape but they also have more fluff. Our standard is closer to the original standard by the originator of the breed.

Quote:
lildinkem, very cool shade of brown, I like that.
big_smile.png
What color did they turn out to be the other half of the year?
Mine are chocolate all year long, they`re born chocolate,molt and grow back chocolate.
My roos however are not chocolate colored, just the hens.
idunno.gif

Look up Large fowl Chocolate orps, they`re not the same color as the bantams. They`re the color of mine.
yippiechickie.gif

Here`s a LF Chocolate I found online, NOT mine.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5806_7066_1.jpg

Punky Rooster and OSUman, thanks for your help.
thumbsup.gif

OK they are simlar but how did you get them this color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom