Chocolate Orps have landed in the States!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
big_smile.png

I'm wondering if the birds are already of laying age since already selling their eggs? Even if they are, who knows how long it might take them to start laying again. The old saying of "don't count your chickens before they hatch" is pretty appropriate here.

Well, I don't have family in OK, but let me know when ya'll are going - I just might have to take a road trip myself !! I do have another chicken friend in OK that I could drop in on
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
How terrific would that be!
big_smile.png

I don't know about driving though... CA is a looong way from OK... I wonder if they would let me carry my chooks on the plane home, like in one of those pet carriers that people tote small dogs around in.

Last edited:
From http://www.orpingtonimports.com/?page_id=21

WARRANTY
& ASSURANCE:

ALL OUR BIRDS ARE TESTED FOR DNA AND BLOODLINES AND WITH THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE ATLANTIC: USDA AND DEFRA. TO PROTECT OUR INVESTMENT WE MUST ALSO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ANY ILLEGALLY IMPORTED BIRDS WILL, FOR OUR OWN SAKE, BE REPORTED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND ANY SELLERS PROSECUTED UNDER THE LAW OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Where is the threat? It is illegal to import poultry without a permit. A multi-million dollar industry here in Arkansas is at stake if someone imports a sick bird. Arkansas has been Pollurum clean for 30+ years. What if someone imported illegally some hatching eggs that reintroduced Pullorum to our poultry industry here? We have regulations for a reason.

Here is a thought. Folks who imported from the UK post a copy of their permit. Nothing to be afraid of. Just a thought!​

That would be a hoot, wouldn't it? I'm not sure how far Oklahoma is from me. I'll have to mapquest. Wonder what is the closest city to him? I am pretty sure that a dog carrier is acceptable. I remember when I was talking to the USDA in April when they were here at my farm about it, but I won't swear to that, but probably couldn't take is as carry-on. LOL.

* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.

Folks, a thread was closed earlier today, and after some more reports I see the discussion has migrated to this thread. Personal disputes and issues going on outside BYC do not belong here. Thank you to those who tried to stay on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom