I want to alert everyone to the potential danger of giving grapes to chickens. I read over and over again online how much chickens love grapes and what a special treat they are for them. I remember thinking it was odd, since we are not supposed to give human babies grapes because of the dangers of choking, but I figured all the chicken owners must know better. I have had my chickens since they were born in August and had never had occasion to give them grapes until recently, and I think it did one of our chickens in. Recently we had a sick chicken with an impacted crop. A neighbor and I did surgery, and she was recovering slowly, but well. She was hungry and wanting to eat a lot, but her crop still seemed squishy and swollen, so I was limiting her food intake. She would get runny oatmeal in the house in the morning, then when I put her out with the other chickens in the afternoon, she would peck at crumbles. She also had a very poopy butt, so from what I read, I thought I would try giving her a piece of a Monistat suppository. I gave her a piece last night and another this morning and her crop seemed a bit less swollen. I had given the other chickens about a half-dozen green grapes yesterday -- cut in half -- but I guess they didn't eat them all. When I put my sick chicken out with the others, I noticed after awhile she seemed to not be moving. When I went to check on her, she was dead. My daughter noticed vomit coming from her beak, so I dug it out with a leaf stem and out came the grape half. It is very disheartening to think we went through surgery, mediation, special baths, diet, etc., only to lose her to choking on a grape. I keep thinking I shouldn't have put her out there, or I should have watched her more carefully. But she was getting better -- stronger, so I thought it was OK. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.