Chooks pecking feathers from others butt!

crowyschooks

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
I have 4 chooks that look like rhode island chooks from the pictures. A couple of them appear to have some of their feathers pecked off their lower back and around their butt. Our neighbour also has chooks and has had this problem with all huis except 1, I guess the pecker! Wanting to know if anything can be done to stop it before it goes to far. They are not breaking the skin oir anything like that, and are still laying normally, its just very unsightly.

get some rooster booster no peck on the pecked area and they will be left alone. It worked for one of my chicks that was beat up and was bleeding after the others pulled out her tail feathers and had her bleeding. I applied ,separated for a few hours and re introduced her no problems

What are you feeding ? I had problems with picking after my feed switched to a all plant protien formula. I have since switched to a meat based protien chick starter, and layer, with great results. Talking to the nutrition guy at the feed company, ammino acids seem to be among the key differences.

Quote:

Where do you buy "Rooster Booster No Peck", and is that the real name for it? I did a Google search, and I found several different Rooster Booster products, but none with that name. Are you using a salve or a lotion?

Back
Top Bottom