Choosing Tylan vs LA 200 for mycoplasma

Ugh! Does tylan cure anything? There’s bubbles in eye, cackling when breathing & that’s it. I’ve been doing vetrx 3x a day, Terramycin 3x a day & tylan 200.
The cackling stopped in the one who was breathing like that. But idk what else to do other than maybe baytril
My chicks are like 200 grams 😓 I’ve been giving like 3 drops 3x a day
Tylan will treat symptoms, it's not a cure.

Since you have Tylan200 then the dose will be very small for chicks weighing around 200grams. So 3 drops 3 times a day for 5 days is probably about right.

I would stick with and finish the Tylan before going to another antibiotic. Baytril is a very strong antibiotic and it's not something I would use in very young chicks unless I felt like they were in dire need of it.
If your chicks are able to eat/drink and are still fairly active, even with symptoms, then I'd try to avoid such the Baytril.

Oh and Baytril will treat symptoms - it will not cure MG either. There is no cure and birds will remain carriers for life.

Tylan is commonly used to treat Symptoms of MG. Do you have powder or injectable (Tylan50/200)?
Do keep in mind that respiratory illnesses like MG do spread through a flock. Birds that get better and those that are exposed even if they never exhibit symptoms are carriers of the disease.

Tylosin (Tylan) is a good antibiotic, one that is approved for poultry, and requires no egg withdrawal. It is used to treat mycoplasma (MG) and in some enteritis. Since MG is a chronic disease, there is no cure. But many chickens will get over an acute infection, and may or may not have another outbreak. There is an MG vaccine available to help prevent new flock members from getting it.

Back
Top Bottom