Chris and Tina's Great Goat Roundup (Pic Heavy)

griffin45

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
South Central Virgina
Here you go! If you saw the post titled "Problem with goats at the auction today" You know that we rescued some goats at auction. It was a truly blessed day for those goats! Here are some quick pictures that I took while trying to get our new flock settled with the regulars.
3 baby Nubians (can only see two) all bucks.
17139_3nubianbbs2009_0307.jpg

2 Nigerian Kids (Does)
17139_nigerianbbs.jpg

A Nubian with milk
celebrate.gif

17139_mommanubian.jpg

2 of the 3 Boers
17139_youngboerdoes.jpg

A Nigerian/Saanen cross maybe?
hu.gif

17139_guessnigeriansaanen.jpg

3 Pygmy Bucks.
17139_dwarfbbs.jpg

I don't know if that is all, but that is all I took pictures of.
lau.gif

Chris

Very nice looking goats....

Glad they found a good home....

I did the same thing yesterday---picked up 3 baby goats from an auction....
I got a nubian buck, a saanen buck, and an alpine buck....all bottle babies, then I also got as a pitty buy a hamp or suffolk(not sure which yet) baby ewe lamb....I didn't think she would even make it home, but I didn't want to see them just throw her out back to die, so I brought her home as well and this morning she is still here, not doing 100%, but she sure looks alot better than she did yesterday...So here's hoping she makes it....

It is excellent that you were both able to resuce these animals.

and so sweet.

that is really good.

Nice pics.

They're all really cute. Congrats!

Your Nubi looks more like a red boer to me. Ears are too short and profile is too straight for Nubian.

The one you were curious about looks like a common (grade) Pygmy...meaning it could have Nigi, Pygmy, brush or Spanish in there.

Congrats to the humans for saving the animals. I hate to see those babies pushed through the sale barn. The sale that is close to me has quite a bit of babies go through.
I don't know what folks are thinking sometimes.
They are lucky kids!!!!!

Don't you know not to go to auction with a pocket full of money during kidding season?
lol.png
Just kidding.
They all look healthy and happy. I can see in the pictures that two have already found their way up onto the observation tower. They will have a ball playing up there!
People will be begging for the billys this fall when it's time to breed.
So far I have managed to escape two auctions without bringing bottle babies home. I don't have any goats in milk right now to feed them. But my resistance is weakening...
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom