Chris from Goodyear az

clockridge86

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 2, 2014
New to chickens picked up my first 2 last week. Believe on is a RIR and other a mix of some sort.

I built the coop my self
1f60a.png
1f44f.png
hopefully it works out.

But ...... From what I have been reading I'm a little scared I have Roos can anyone tell me fore sure and maybe the breed of the mix?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! I am not that good with breeds I don't keep. But I can tell you that the bird on the right in the last pic IS a pullet. If these birds are the same age, then I will say they are both pullets. How old are they?

You might want to post these pics in our What Breed and Gender section for more help...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

There will be others stopping by to welcome you that will know more than me! :)

Enjoy your new birds and welcome to our flock!

i was told 3-4 months old but being new i just took their word for it……… good to know at least one is a pullet.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Yes the bird on the right is defiantly female. The other one is a RIR. Not sure on gender of that one. I'd guess pullet.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I answered your breed & gender question on your post in the What Breed Or Gender forum.

what are you guys thinking for age 3-4 months? and expect another month or so before laying?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Both of your birds are pullets. You're mixed breed is an Easter Egger. The pea comb and greenish legs are a dead giveaway. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom