Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

Looking closer, I think egg B7 shrink wrapped or something. It's not breathing or peeping :hit

Went to sleep last night with just 9, woke up with 27
th.gif
One more hatched but it doesn't look like it absorbed all of the blood veins so it's still in there. Another is zipping, a few pips. And everyone else is quiet.

Glad everone else is doing good! :jumpy

Three chicks hatched today, a black and two yellows :D. The one yellow hatched with a yolk still, and ended up breaking it open. So she's in a cup in the bator right now.

20 out of 22 are out. What an awesome hatch.
yesss.gif

I was so scared because my last (and first) attempt was a disaster.

3 pipped on the wrong end, so I assisted them after about 30 hours. Two of those are perfectly fine, one is really weak still.

I moved a bunch of the dry, rowdy chicks to the brooder, and 7 (plus 2 eggs) are still in the incubator.

I'm SO happy because I almost gave up hatching after the last time. I was so discouraged. If anybody out there is feeling like I was, don't give up.
smile.png

20 out of 22 are out. What an awesome hatch.:yesss: I was so scared because my last (and first) attempt was a disaster. 3 pipped on the wrong end, so I assisted them after about 30 hours. Two of those are perfectly fine, one is really weak still. I moved a bunch of the dry, rowdy chicks to the brooder, and 7 (plus 2 eggs) are still in the incubator. I'm SO happy because I almost gave up hatching after the last time. I was so discouraged. If anybody out there is feeling like I was, don't give up.:)
That is awesome, so glad you've had such a great hatch.

How is B7 doing?

It started leaking that nasty fluid, so I cracked it open and it was dead :\ But thanks for asking.

The one with the ruptured yolk is getting polyvisol till she can eat. She's still in a cup, I hope she does better then my last ruptured yolk chick :fl

20 out of 22 are out. What an awesome hatch.:yesss: I was so scared because my last (and first) attempt was a disaster. 3 pipped on the wrong end, so I assisted them after about 30 hours. Two of those are perfectly fine, one is really weak still. I moved a bunch of the dry, rowdy chicks to the brooder, and 7 (plus 2 eggs) are still in the incubator. I'm SO happy because I almost gave up hatching after the last time. I was so discouraged. If anybody out there is feeling like I was, don't give up.:)
Great job! Cute chicks :) Are you giving the weak one electrolytes?

Back
Top Bottom