Christmas Carolers

Quote:
Someone's feeling the Christmas spirit.
hmm.png

No wonder so many traditions are dying out, apparently we're too grouchy and preoccupied for them these days. Maybe these carol singers wouldn't be'strangers' if everyone had their sense of community.

I love carolers! I think that it is a wonderful way to build community spirit and bring a little happiness to both the caroler and the carolee.
wink.png

Even tho you, the carolee, may not enjoy it, think about the joy that you are bringing by allowing the carolers to 'serve' you. Those 3 minutes of Jingle Bells might make the carolers entire day.

Give a little time and let it bring someone else some joy.

Sometimes the blessing of serving comes from allowing oneself to be served.

Just my happy thought for the day.
smile.png

I have never had carolers come to my home, but maybe you could just "Peek Out the Window" and wave to them "Thank You!" when they are done? I am sure they understand how cold it is and would not take that wrong.

Quote:
I have never actually been caroled, but your post made me laugh. I can just imagine someone just shutting the door in their face. If it was me, I would probably think of it the same way I do the missionaries. If they are so dedicated to there cause that they are willing to freeze their butts off and do something I would be mortified to do, then I just let them give their peice and say thank you. Maybe you could have a bowl of vitamin C drops by the door, sounds like they might need it after caroling while it's 10 degrees!

ha ha ha... Fuddy duddies!!! I don't care if you close the door in my face....just don't throw stuff!!! It isn't about you anyway.. it is about perservering and overcoming fear and talking about it with the buddies at your shoulder that had the guts to do it with ya... ha ha... I take my kids and thier pony to Senior centers for sing alongs.. That is an undertaking... Pony is trained to not step on toes.... and we sing with the seniors... (and we are INSIDE) We make ornaments and hang them on thier tree.... I bet the ppl ringing the bell outside the stores bother you too.... I give $$$ every time...it is just part of the Holidays... Put on your warmies... grab a lawnchair... throw on hot water for chocolate (stock up if ya don't have it) and live a little... it isn't really about you.... But you are welcome to join in... and better yet... add to the spirit....it is contagious...

I'm puzzled. While it has been a few years since I last went caroling, every group I ever went with had a planned route, and at least someone in the group knew the "carolee" personally. Most knew when we were coming, and went to some pains to be home at that time. Merry Christmas to ya, anyway!

Quote:
Our groups...Scouts, Church Youth Group, PTSA etc just went out and caroled. Sometimes someone in the group would know someone at a particular house and we might knock on thier door personally, but the rest of the time it was just catch-as-catch-can.

So..are you supposed to tip them or what? I wouldnt know what to do either..
So yes, i can see how it would make someone feel akward.

Quote:
Nope. No tips required. Our kids always just got excited when people would step out and listen and maybe applaud a little for them.
And if you ask for an encore or give a request, they about fall over themselves in excitement!!

It is a holiday spirit kind of thing more than anything else....Fa La La La La La, La La La Laaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Back
Top Bottom