Christmas challenge: I dare you....

My little kids liked playing with sticks, dirt and large cardboard boxes more than all the "toys" any how.
lol.png

Quote:
lol.png
I know! My son's newest thing is taking all my butter knives and cutting up apples and stuff.
We made him a workbench last year outof reclaimed wood, but still had to buy the tools- of course- made in china!

Quote:
It's more about patriotism and keeping jobs here in the USA-where they belong!!

AND being "green" at the same time!

For me it is about the workers being paid a living wage and not having to send their children to work in order to make ends meet. Hence the reason why I never ever shop at walmart. I do understand that some municipalities have no other options (thanks to walmart pricing thte mum and pop shops out of business), but you couldn't get me to buy anything from walmart even if you gave me the money to do it.

Check out your local Christmas craft fairs. Lots of great stuff and it supports your local economy. Also great inspiration for DIY presents.

We have a rule in our house. Nothing new except, purchased hand-made items (like from craft fairs), and books (books because the authors only get royalties from new books sold). Everything else must be made, re-gifted or come from a second-hand or thrift store.

the thing is..in a lot of those countries, its the norm for children to work. what might not be a living wage here probably is a living wage there. you take away all of their jobs and their families suffer.
not saying that its right or the best situation but still.

seriously, do some research on it. i am totally not for children working but it is very true that in some countries, it is a very necessary part of life.
i think we can all agree that we are lucky to live in a country where it isnt a necessity.

Back
Top Bottom