Christmas in October block Swap

Rusty, this is the Queen Mary 2, the original Queen Mary is now mired at Long Beach LA and is used as a hotel. The Queen Elizabeth is the third ship to have this name , the original sunk in Hong Kong harbour while being turned into a floating university.

Kassaundra, wonderful! Is that a bit of tardis I spy?

Rusty, this is the Queen Mary 2, the original Queen Mary is now mired at Long Beach LA and is used as a hotel. The Queen Elizabeth is the third ship to have this name , the original sunk in Hong Kong harbour while being turned into a floating university.

Good eye Rosie! lol

I knew about the QM1 but not the QE1, how sad.
I guess I should have said just the Cunard line in general.

Last edited:
These Queen Mary 1 and Queen Elizabeth are the ships that my Dad went to England and then back home on during WWll, he never forgot. They are beautiful.
Thank You Rosie and friend.
oh how nice to know that. Well close enough, you had the name right
wink.png

Last edited:
Lorri Kennedy of Inbox Jaunt Quilts.com (a great site) says to match your needle size to your thread.
80/12 needle to 50wt thread. 90/14 needle to 40or35wt thread. I have just started to try this and can see a small difference.
I need more practice at FMQ for sure.
Thanks RustyHen. That sounds like a good tip. I will check that out. I haven't been able to work on it since saturday. Plan on it tomorrow.

Fenrosie, that sounds like a wonderful trip!

Kassaundra, your wall hanging is fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom