Christmas in October block Swap

Oh! It was my understanding that in fmq, you guide the fabric under the fmq foot to make the stitches. The feed dogs down and stitch set at 0. From all the videos I've watched, that is how I understood it to be. Adjusting to the speed of the machine, you guide the fabric to get the correct stitch length. Is this not correct? I can fmq straight stitch and make loops on a practice pieced that I've sandwiched together like the piece I will be quilting. I just need to get used to the speed of my machine and guiding the fabric at the same time. I found that when I switched to trying to sew an applique using fm stitching, that is when I was having issues with it pulling. I probably need to adjust the tension to accommodate the difference in thickness. I'm going to try to work on it. I will try it using a longer stitch. That might work with my machine better. I just hadn't thought of it. Thanks Lacy Blues!

You know, yesterday, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what fmq meant! Today it just happened... free motion quilting. Man oh man, sometimes I am super slow!

When I do the fmq, I don't do anything to my feed dogs. They do their thing and I do mine and it turns out pretty well.

Yep, try it on something else first and see if it works better or not.

You know, yesterday, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what fmq meant! Today it just happened... free motion quilting. Man oh man, sometimes I am super slow!

When I do the fmq, I don't do anything to my feed dogs. They do their thing and I do mine and it turns out pretty well.

Yep, try it on something else first and see if it works better or not.
LOL! I know what you mean about abbreviations! I have the hardest time undesrtanding "text" language!! Ok. I will try it with feed dogs up. I'm up for anything to learn.

Back
Top Bottom