Christmas in October block Swap

I was just on the website of the B & B we stayed at in Indiana. She can do quilting retreats! Wouldn't that be fun! I wasn't clear on what she was wanting to do when she was explaining it to me. I think she has had only one so far, but she asked me to spread the word on backyard chickens. I told her to join us if she wanted. Hopefully she will. She is a nice lady!
Hey maybe we can plan for 2016, can you find out more info? Are the rooms double occupancy? What attractions are around for excursions, what classes could she have? would she pair with a near by quilting shop you know we have to have fabric, and what about the sewing machine shop could they put together a demo, maybe have some wonderful gently used machines for sale or I'm sure they would like to sell a brand new one. Can we have airport pick up/drop off for those of us who don't want to walk or swim that far.
big_smile.png
Can we make it for arrive on a thursday/friday and leave on Monday/Tuesday, trying to figure our friends near and far. We don't want to make it too long but long enough to make it worth while for our English gals. Can she have lets say on Friday (we can make that the main arrival day ) since most of us will be arriving that day a cold cuts. build your own sandwiches light evening meal, I know they are a B/B but that would be so nice for everyone to relax and unwind from traveling and not have to worry about getting back out since you will be tired of traveling. wow you have my mind rolling now!!! and my DH will only see $$ we need a ball park figure per person. Majack/fenrosie throw in your 2 cents cause you two are the quilting workshop gals, oh and can the quilt shop put together little goody bags for us to take home, now lets see what else can we get.

Hey maybe we can plan for 2016, can you find out more info? Are the rooms double occupancy? What attractions are around for excursions, what classes could she have? would she pair with a near by quilting shop you know we have to have fabric, and what about the sewing machine shop could they put together a demo, maybe have some wonderful gently used machines for sale or I'm sure they would like to sell a brand new one. Can we have airport pick up/drop off for those of us who don't want to walk or swim that far.
big_smile.png
Can we make it for arrive on a thursday/friday and leave on Monday/Tuesday, trying to figure our friends near and far. We don't want to make it too long but long enough to make it worth while for our English gals. Can she have lets say on Friday (we can make that the main arrival day ) since most of us will be arriving that day a cold cuts. build your own sandwiches light evening meal, I know they are a B/B but that would be so nice for everyone to relax and unwind from traveling and not have to worry about getting back out since you will be tired of traveling. wow you have my mind rolling now!!! and my DH will only see $$ we need a ball park figure per person. Majack/fenrosie throw in your 2 cents cause you two are the quilting workshop gals, oh and can the quilt shop put together little goody bags for us to take home, now lets see what else can we get.
Wow Katsdar! Mind head is spinning!!
lol.png
The only thing I know for sure is there is double occupancy. We had 4 in our room. 2 twin beds and a queen. Each room has private bath. Look up her website. Just put in Bright Morning Star Bed & Breakfast in Shipshewana Indiana. You can see her place and all the rooms. As for all the other ideas, I'm not sure. Her room in the lower level is set up for about 10 for quilting. It actually looked like it could hold more, but with sewing machines, and fabric laying out, there might only be room for the 10, but I can check on that. Click on retreat for quilters and there are a few pics of it with ladies working on quilts. The room is 900 sq feet. Very spacious. The closest airport is either Indianapolis or Chicago. They are both about 2-3 hours away, so not sure about transportation to and from. As for the evening meal, she has an Amish friend who will cook a meal for us at her house. I don't think it is far from the b/b. That could be an option for the arrival meal. If you all figure out some of the particulars and get a basic plan, I would be glad to contact her to find out cost per person and so forth. There are several quilt shops in the area. I guess if we tell her what we want to do she can either get it together for us or direct us to the quilt shop that would do that for us. I'm not sure how she conducts the retreats, but I can find out.

Wow Kat! Your brain is in overdrive!
1f604.png

Although I would love to come I just can't comit right now. My Mother is getting frailer by the day and my sister and I are trying to keep her in her own home as long as we can but if you organise this and I can come I Will!

Found a pieced flower basket idea that isn't on point!!!! Seems like all the pieced ones are, and even better this one doesn't have one hst. One of the swappers fabrics is big flowers that would be best fussy cut, this will be the 3rd block of hers I am making and wasn't looking forward to the standard big center block for fussy cutting (I've done two already and almost everyone is doing some version of that for her) so I wanted to find a flower basket to "put" her fussy cut flowers into. Right now I am working on a hst autumn tree, when I finish that I will start on the basket.

I'll reply for Kassaundra if I may, hst stands for( half square triangle )this abbreviation is very common in quilt speak.
caf.gif

Opps she beat me to it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom