Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
I went to go see what incubator yours is but there seems to be several they call "Advance." Is yours that big cabinet-type model? If so or something like it, would this pump work?

The nice thing about auto humidity is we can be gone for a few days and not worry about it.
It's the Brinsea Ovation Advance 56 egg one.

It's the Brinsea Ovation Advance 56 egg one.
Okay, I think we do have the same one then. They come both ways, with or without. So, I had hubby look at ours and pretend our humidifier pump broke, what would we do? He said that the pump I linked could work with ours because the controller could be used to run it, but probably not yours; that without a controller for humidity, you'd need to buy an external, independent, humidity pump.

In our first hatch, we borrowed our neighbor's styrofoam incubator, (can't remember the brand) but it came with a stand-alone humidity pump. It just sat next to the incubator and worked great. It had a probe to detect humidity, then gave drops of water through the hose to the incubator reservoir. He suggests you could do something like that if you don't mind drilling two small holes in your lid.

Okay, I think we do have the same one then. They come both ways, with or without. So, I had hubby look at ours and pretend our humidifier pump broke, what would we do? He said that the pump I linked could work with ours because the controller could be used to run it, but probably not yours; that without a controller for humidity, you'd need to buy an external, independent, humidity pump.

In our first hatch, we borrowed our neighbor's styrofoam incubator, (can't remember the brand) but it came with a stand-alone humidity pump. It just sat next to the incubator and worked great. It had a probe to detect humidity, then gave drops of water through the hose to the incubator reservoir. He suggests you could do something like that if you don't mind drilling two small holes in your lid.
I was wondering if I could find a standalone one and I don't mind drilling a hole or two.

I just turned on two oil diffusers (cleaned well, just water, no oils now!) trying to get the humidity up in the incubator it is at 55% even with both reservoirs full, and two jam jars with sponges sticking out. 😬

The humidity is at 57% now, Star hasn't increased her pip yet. We're heading to town to buy a room humidifier... I'm worried about them getting shrinkwrapped.
57% humidity should be enough. Pipped eggs can sit up to 24 hours before hatching, 16 hours is common, so no concern yet on Star. Just don't open the lid anymore.

The humidity is at 57% now, Star hasn't increased her pip yet. We're heading to town to buy a room humidifier... I'm worried about them getting shrinkwrapped.
57 isn't great but Tink, think about those that dry hatch. I will never do that, but your humidity right now is higher than they have it, which is usually 50 I believe.

IMO, they won't shrink wrap but the silkies would have a bit harder time breaking through the shell is all, but they'd do it as people do this all the time. I just think they work less if the humidity is up.

57% humidity should be enough. Pipped eggs can sit up to 24 hours before hatching, 16 hours is common, so no concern yet on Star. Just don't open the lid anymore.
I've squirted water through the air vent, but not opened the lid since yesterday. We're on the way home with a humidifier, I hope it helps! It's about 30% humidity in the room so I'm sure even the cat will enjoy having less staticky furry. I keep shocking him, and the walls, and everything I touch.

Back
Top Bottom