Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics

2ndTink

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Aug 23, 2020
'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was creeping, but wait! What's that!?! I hear peeping!!! 🐣 Come pick an egg and give it some Christmas cheering 😃

I will be setting 14 silkie eggs tomorrow (11/26) in my new to me Brinsea Ovation incubator (Merry Christmas to me from my hubby!!!) There is a caveat though, these eggs were laid while the owners were away from home, and it is winter, sooo... we will cheer them on, but just know that they haven't started life as pampered eggs, any little floofs that hatch from these eggs are going to be some rough and tough little buggers. Plus, egg #14 had a bonk and radiating cracks so it now is fixed with some gorgeous lime green nail polish, very festive.

The silkies are BBS so this aligns with my goal of having a BBS breeding pen. My current BBS breeding plan (JetPack a black split to chocolate over BBS) is going to result in blues and blacks, plus, chocolate pullets, mauve pullets and blue split to chocolate and black split to chocolate, so it will be fun but not exactly SOP colors. So I will have the possibility of chocolates from both of my breeding pens, yay!

Back to the Christmas chickies, please choose an egg and give it an amazing Christmassy or tough name and coax it to grow with some holiday cheers 🎄

Please, name the eggs, because if you don't I'm going to name one Hammy 🤣

1. @21hens-incharge Cindy Lou Who
2. @CrazyChickLady64 Fluff
3. @ElfenLied89 Dasher
4. @Patiocoturnix Buddy
5. @Shabby Chic-Hens Jovie
6. @The Welch Chickens Candy Cane
7. @Shabby Chic-Hens Matana
8. @GreenJay . Mistletoe
9. @Sally PB Star
10. @TwoCrows Max
11. @fluffycrow Nicholas