Setting Eggs on Easter Adopt-An-Egg Hatch A Long!

Pics
Final news!

38 & 18 hatched with a little assistance this afternoon. I worried they wouldn’t make it, they had shell & gunk all over them…but I ran warm water on them to get it off, fluffed them in a towel, put them back in the incubator, and they were dry and healthy enough to join the others before bedtime! Both came out black with feathers on their legs…amazing how they calmed down once they were unstuck!

Sadly, 15 and 20 did not make it. I put those two eggs in the fridge to eggtopsy tomorrow. I have had a super long day, and can’t bear to do anything else before bed!

So, finally tally, out of 38 eggs set, 36 fertile, 31 hatched! So an 86% hatch rate. Not too shabby! 😊

Final news!

38 & 18 hatched with a little assistance this afternoon. I worried they wouldn’t make it, they had shell & gunk all over them…but I ran warm water on them to get it off, fluffed them in a towel, put them back in the incubator, and they were dry and healthy enough to join the others before bedtime! Both came out black with feathers on their legs…amazing how they calmed down once they were unstuck!

Sadly, 15 and 20 did not make it. I put those two eggs in the fridge to eggtopsy tomorrow. I have had a super long day, and can’t bear to do anything else before bed!

So, finally tally, out of 38 eggs set, 36 fertile, 31 hatched! So an 86% hatch rate. Not too shabby! 😊
nice hatch rate. Sad for 15 and 20 but sometimes it happens. RIP babies!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom