Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
Smokejump gave the new additions a thorough inspection and decided they weren't too interesting. I have them in a wire cage so I don't have to worry about him if he ever gets overly curious. And no sooner written than it happened, he's trying to fit his feet through the cage, so he's now outside for the night and I'll find some hardware cloth to add to the cage. Little stinker.

20231217_185136.jpg

Here they are in a quick group photo by the Christmas tree! No time for posing, I didn't want them to get cold 😊

20231217_184828.jpg
20231217_184814.jpg

Here is Star 🤩

20231217_185423.jpg

Let me see if I can get them all straight, Max and Grinch have fuzzy feet, Noel has really long bare legs.

Noel's long legs and the 5th toe sticks straight up her legs 🤣

20231217_185711.jpg
20231217_185718.jpg

Max has a massive mane thing going on, I haven't captured it well yet.

Smokejump gave the new additions a thorough inspection and decided they weren't too interesting. I have them in a wire cage so I don't have to worry about him if he ever gets overly curious. And no sooner written than it happened, he's trying to fit his feet through the cage, so he's now outside for the night and I'll find some hardware cloth to add to the cage. Little stinker.

View attachment 3707642

Here they are in a quick group photo by the Christmas tree! No time for posing, I didn't want them to get cold 😊

View attachment 3707641
View attachment 3707640

Here is Star 🤩

View attachment 3707643

Let me see if I can get them all straight, Max and Grinch have fuzzy feet, Noel has really long bare legs.

Noel's long legs and the 5th toe sticks straight up her legs 🤣

View attachment 3707644
View attachment 3707645

Max has a massive mane thing going on, I haven't captured it well yet.
🥰 Adorable!!! 🥰

I wrapped window screening around the walls of my brooder (which was 2 large dog kennels cobbled together) to keep nosy cat paws out and little chick heads in. Easier to work with and enough to deter the cats. 🙂

🥰 Adorable!!! 🥰

I wrapped window screening around the walls of my brooder (which was 2 large dog kennels cobbled together) to keep nosy cat paws out and little chick heads in. Easier to work with and enough to deter the cats. 🙂
And one of ours, Stella, just sits on top the brooder and keeps an eye on things. 😼

Stella guarding.jpg

What is the chances of the other 2 hatching still? Today is day 21 and no pips yet.
If no pips in that incubator, then I'd candle them to see if you can see anything moving. I still leave them another day. Once I had one an entire day behind the rest that actually hatched, but otherwise they're all within a 24-hour period.

Back
Top Bottom