Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

So I have to ask... Is it Noelle or Nole??? Supposed to be a Noelle of course but just wondering! I love the name!!! I have a Noel the rooster!
I'm not sure yet, I've been calling it Noelle and Nole alternately šŸ¤£ once we know for sure it's gender it the pronunciation will stay one way or the other. I knew an old guy, amazing race horse breeder and working dog trainer, his name was Noel, pronounced Nole.

I am so happy with all the names picked for this hatch-a-long, they are all wonderful!

Yes! They have been such a help this year, I am very happy to say my last day at my current employer is this Friday :woot I start with a new company right after Christmas :wee I'm taking 3 steps back in my career if you're looking at titles, but I've never been in it to climb the corporate ladder. I'm going back to what I was doing three years ago, I'm going from leading a team of 50 people to just me doing what I'm good at. I will miss some things, I have some wonderful people on my team, but I haven't even physically felt well in almost 2 years so I am really looking forward to this new phase! The commute is half the distance so between that and less stress I plan to have more time to enjoy my chickens and and hubby!

I am happy and blessed!
Congratulations, Tink! šŸŽ‰ That sure sounds like a win/win to me!

So, so pretty, Tink! :love You've got the only frizzled chocolate I've ever seen!
No way! Really!?! That's exciting! I'm having a proud moment that I've been able to share something you've never seen. :celebrate I'm hoping to produce more this summer! If they hatch well, I can send some eggs your way šŸ˜‰ we should have paint and chocolates with all the feather possibilities, satin, silkie, frizzle and satin frizzle. Heads up the paints won't be clean black and white, they will likely have a lot of kahki leakage like Chonkers, but he's cute... lol.

I will be working on my NPIP certification if all goes as planned in 2024! Then I'll be able to ship eggs šŸ˜Š
That NPIP certification I looked into is very lax here but I at least started for selling chicks at our poultry swaps as there I was seeing it there often.

For shipping eggs though, even the Powerhouse Farms lady with the buffs you put me on to isn't yet but said she is attaining it. I told her I didn't care so I'm getting hers before she's certified. It's not like the USPS asks you about it so it's more between you and the buyers.

Speaking of her, I wrote her about the unseasonably warm temps we have in the next 10 days, and looked at your weather and all in between, and told her go ahead and ship when ready! She told me the day after Christmas. She said there might be a few cuckoo silkies mixed in with the buffs. Oh my, hold my heart! I've never had those either.

This is all your fault, Tink, you know it right? šŸ„°

I wonder.jpg

No way! Really!?! That's exciting! I'm having a proud moment that I've been able to share something you've never seen. :celebrate I'm hoping to produce more this summer! If they hatch well, I can send some eggs your way šŸ˜‰ we should have paint and chocolates with all the feather possibilities, satin, silkie, frizzle and satin frizzle. Heads up the paints won't be clean black and white, they will likely have a lot of kahki leakage like Chonkers, but he's cute... lol.
Yes, ma'am! I have two chocolate silkie hens I got from a breeder and she didn't have frizzles, nor did the ones I saw at the poultry swap this summer. I think maybe your beauties are rarer for sure!

That NPIP certification I looked into is very lax here but I at least started for selling chicks at our poultry swaps as there I was seeing it there often.

For shipping eggs though, even the Powerhouse Farms lady with the buffs you put me on to isn't yet but said she is attaining it. I told her I didn't care so I'm getting hers before she's certified. It's not like the USPS asks you about it so it's more between you and the buyers.

Speaking of her, I wrote her about the unseasonably warm temps we have in the next 10 days, and looked at your weather and all in between, and told her go ahead and ship when ready! She told me the day after Christmas. She said there might be a few cuckoo silkies mixed in with the buffs. Oh my, hold my heart! I've never had those either.

This is all your fault, Tink, you know it right? šŸ„°

View attachment 3709022
That's so exciting! And yes, all my fault, Chickens For Everyone!!!

Ooh, cuckoo and buffs, that's going to be so fun! Please tell me you're doing a Hatch-a-long :fl

I keep thinking of adding colors and then I reason myself back to doing a couple colors well and leaving the extra colors for later, or just to have some pretties in Gen Pop. I have that partridge and a white that isn't genetically white so I may test breed a little but I'll likely keep them as pretty layers and they can hang out with the grow out pullets and teach them to chicken. Maybe some Marsha babies for some eyecandy too... šŸ˜

That's so exciting! And yes, all my fault, Chickens For Everyone!!!

Ooh, cuckoo and buffs, that's going to be so fun! Please tell me you're doing a Hatch-a-long :fl

I keep thinking of adding colors and then I reason myself back to doing a couple colors well and leaving the extra colors for later, or just to have some pretties in Gen Pop. I have that partridge and a white that isn't genetically white so I may test breed a little but I'll likely keep them as pretty layers and they can hang out with the grow out pullets and teach them to chicken. Maybe some Marsha babies for some eyecandy too... šŸ˜
It's only going to be a dozen, maybe 14 eggs as she said she'd throw a couple extra in, but if they arrive here safely, I'll give it a whirl! I'm so excited! :celebrate ā¤ļø

Back
Top Bottom