Christmas is comming. Please don't give pets for gifts.

smallbluejellybean

Songster
10 Years
Dec 13, 2009
Kings Park NSW Australia
Hi, last week I rescued a kitten and it was in pretty bad shape.
Here in Australia it is summer and animals are breeding.
Please think twice about giving or buying an animal this Christmas.
Most people buy kittens and puppies and forget they will grow up and not stay the cute little things they are as a youngster.
I plead with you all to only buy a pet if your in it for the long hall.
Get your pets, no matter what sex spaded/desexed.
Make sure you can get all its vaccinations every year and feed it and give it the attention it deserves, including taking it to the vet when it is not well.
Make this Christmas a good Christmas, by doing the right thing by our animal friends.

JUST THINK!!! PLEASE!!!

P.S. I am keeping the kitten and his name is Peanut.

45659_img_0412.jpg

Pets as a surprise is generally not a good thing. Sometimes there is a good reason why they didn't have one in the first place. If you are seriously thinking about giving a pet, you need to have a discussion about it with them first. It won't be a surprise, but it will give you the information you need in order to make an informed decision about giving the pet.

Thats right greenfamilyfarms. If it wasn't for me that gorgeous cat wouldn't have had a hope. It should always be an informed decision. Pets will rely on you for everything for its whole life, like a child that doesn't become independant. I was lucky I had a space for a cat at my house as my old one died of old age, but people forget that puppies and kittens grow up and have different needs.

LOVE YOUR ANIMALS AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU BACK THE LOVE 10 FOLD

Pets as a total suprise gift?..no, not a good thing.
But pets as a gift for someone that wants the pet can be a good gift.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I got Cristal that way. I needed another dog after my last dog bite my brother and had to be put down. My mom took me to the pound on december 14 and I picked hershe is the best dog in the world and if you say other wise well all i can say is I hope you like the taste of dirt.

A kind heart never strays!
Only misplace intentions!

I love my new little cat, but it really got me thinking. What about all those out there that didn't stumble across a kind heart. What about all those animals that are given in the name of Christmas and cast out like last years gift.
I am a Vet nurse in training. I have all my work experience next year. I am also a member of WIRES here in Australia (rehab for wild life).
Its weird to me if you have an animal you can't care for it why dump it? Just take it to animal welfare groups.
There are organisations here in Australia that if your animal needs help - spading etc and you can't afford it they will help.
Or if you had a litter of unwanted kittens why not take them there and say you found them - even if it is a lie. At least they would be cared for.
As I can see its some people are just uncaring and shouldn't be in the human race. Humanity means to treat everything with compasion.
Just gets my goat thats all. Not that I have a goat - well you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Exactly Kooshie. There is a different between a family choosing a pet, because they truely want it and then giving it to the kids on Christmas day. Then there are those people who give or have a kitten or puppy just because they are sweet looking for Christmas. Grrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Hey guys, I like your message. I'm a big believer in spaying and neutering.

Peanut is very cute and he is lucky to have found you.

I got my first chicken as suprise gift from my boss on Easter. Quite the suprise! Now I'm thrilled about it and I love my chickies!!! I think I am one of the exceptions to the rule, however. I will take in any suprise animal!

Back
Top Bottom