Christmas Wish List-2013

Christmas Pea Wish List
1. My most important wish is for 2013 to be a safe and productive year for all of you wonderful peapeople and your fabulous birds. A year in which I don't see those scary "Help, my pea is sick!" subject lines. Peas free from ailment and injury, healthy and happy. For everyone's hatching plans to go well, and those precious eggs you all watch over so carefully and devote yourselves to hatching - actually all hatching out beautiful and perfect peababies. No predators snatching away our beautiful birds (I know they have to eat but let them eat something else this year!). And especially no horrible monsters leaving out poison where a pea could find it (RIP Skittles and Boyo). In other words, a perfect pea year!

2. Personally, I'd like some acreage...since this is in the realm of complete fantasy, I might as well wish for...100 acres of Northern California coastline. With plenty of lovely pine trees for the peas to roost in (including spectacular Thangettes...hope they get along with Peggy). Oh well...
sad.png
...maybe some other year.

3. Last but not least, it would be excellent if fbc won the lottery. Which would enable him to branch out into other colors and formulate the most extravagant breeding plans ever seen. And he could expand the Pea Palace to be even more luxuriant (especially the new Winter Palace, where peas could fly freely and not be squashed in like convicts
wink.png
just kidding). And, most importantly, he could build a separate and magnificent Thang Palace, where Thang could sweep elegantly from perch to perch and impress all of his "hotty hen" girlfriends...

Hmm...Well seeing as I haven't been on here in forever...

1. Find more time for BYC and photo taking...

2. A new pen...There are just too many birds in my one pen and I just want at least one more pen so I can seperate some birds because I need to get them into breeding groups.

3. A way to tell my other peafowl if they let me pet them like I pet Peep they might like it. Peep loves to have his face scratched, I just think the others would like it if they were more friendly.

4. A trio of pure Thailand Imperator peafowl with a huge tropical aviary with giant trees inside of it. (I like to dream a lot).

5. This video of wild green peafowl here: http://www.pavo-muticus.com/english/shop.html I don't even know if it would be in English but I love getting my hands on footage of wild peafowl.

6. Somehow get my two peahens to try free-ranging again instead of pacing around the pen freaking out forcing me to let them back in.

7. Get some nice, lush green grass to grow in my pen again. I think it was okay when I had like 4 peafowl in the pen but now there are too many so I only have one area that has grass and the rest is sandy dirt and leaves...Mainly accorns too which leads me to my next wish...

8. I really really wish the peafowl would eat accorns. Turkeys eat accorns but the peafowl don't eat all the accorns that fall into their pen. I guess accorns are too big for peafowl? I don't know but it is a shame that they don't eat all of those accorns.

9. Finally, I just hope that we have a Christmas. We might be flying down to be with my Grandma who might be having back surgery around Christmas or we might just be going out of town for Christmas, so I hope that all goes well.

I just paid for a peach pair
big_smile.png
my friend bought me them for Christmas from Craig Hopkins. See me in 3 years and you will have a pair under your tree, but I don't want to be blamed for the mess they will make under there LOL
wink.png
LOL......and a peach peafowl in a pear tree.

I can get my hands on the pairs from this year. I am being to greedy. I want something ready to breed. I also like the spaulding peach better than the regular peach so I have been torn about just buying regular peach....Oh the choices.........

Hmm...Well seeing as I haven't been on here in forever...

1. Find more time for BYC and photo taking...

2. A new pen...There are just too many birds in my one pen and I just want at least one more pen so I can seperate some birds because I need to get them into breeding groups.

3. A way to tell my other peafowl if they let me pet them like I pet Peep they might like it. Peep loves to have his face scratched, I just think the others would like it if they were more friendly.

4. A trio of pure Thailand Imperator peafowl with a huge tropical aviary with giant trees inside of it. (I like to dream a lot).

5. This video of wild green peafowl here: http://www.pavo-muticus.com/english/shop.html I don't even know if it would be in English but I love getting my hands on footage of wild peafowl.

6. Somehow get my two peahens to try free-ranging again instead of pacing around the pen freaking out forcing me to let them back in.

7. Get some nice, lush green grass to grow in my pen again. I think it was okay when I had like 4 peafowl in the pen but now there are too many so I only have one area that has grass and the rest is sandy dirt and leaves...Mainly accorns too which leads me to my next wish...

8. I really really wish the peafowl would eat accorns. Turkeys eat accorns but the peafowl don't eat all the accorns that fall into their pen. I guess accorns are too big for peafowl? I don't know but it is a shame that they don't eat all of those accorns.

9. Finally, I just hope that we have a Christmas. We might be flying down to be with my Grandma who might be having back surgery around Christmas or we might just be going out of town for Christmas, so I hope that all goes well.
Minx!!!!! How wonderful to see you here!
hugs.gif

So we can start the world's first Peafowl Pedigree Program, and the most valuable peas will be the ones where the owner proudly boasts 'My guy here traces back to THANG!' Yup, we need Thang genetics in all states!

Yeah it is good to be back again! I was really starting to miss the forum...Especially because most people don't really want to talk a lot about birds around here. My parents are definately tired of hearing me talk about them.
tongue.png

I want Santa to bring me a pure Java hen for my boy. Hopefully I will find out this week. I just finished (took three days) adding on to my biggest pen. So now either way Im blessed and happy! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom