Christmass, what did you buy for who?

BTW, for gifts you can't really go wrong with nice new towels and wash cloths, with maybe a candle and some lotion for the girls or cologne and a nice coffee mug for the guys. Wrap it up nice, and its the perfect gift for anyone. Who doesn't like new towels? Also, nice soft blankets with mugs and coffee or hot chocolate is an awesome gift too.

I have three brothers all in late teens 17-19, I got each one of them a snarky, funny book and something silly: bacon floss, breakup kit, etc. You know humor type gifts. Average $25 ea
My father, late 40s, I got what he asked for a denim shirt and a book, um $50ish total
my mom, late 40s, a throw blanket, cashmere blend $60
grandmother, 60s, cashmere blend scarf $50
MIL, 50, glass teapot and glass cups, $50ish total

For all the kids on my list it was toys.

I made soap and bath salts that I am handing out to extended family and others we aren't as close to. Also will make bread or cheese cakes to hand out as well.

I got slippers for all the grand kids that can walk, they are animal feet and make the sound of the animal when you walk.

I got, goat, rooster, horse, pig, cow, sheep, they are adorable

I just ask them what they want.
hide.gif

But for old people (ie parents lol) usually a consumable of some sort so they don't pile on the junk they don't need because they have everything. Usually something I know they like to eat. Like walnuts, maple syrup, honey, eggs and so on.

Hubby - spotting scope
DD - Handmade doll, sewing machine, sewing kit, Moxie doll, outfit, little misc stocking stuffers
DD - Handmade doll, train set from here www.maplelandmark.com, puzzles, outfit, little misc stocking stuffers
DDs are sharing Shirley Temple DVD set and Hungry Hippos game
Moms and Dads, grandparents, and siblings - pics of the girls and a calendar (our siblings only get a pic)
Niece - special initial bow holder ordered from Etsy and special cup
Nephew - puzzle and special cup
DD's teacher and bus driver - table runner, apron -- made both, and some hand soap from Bath and Body Works
Special friends, mail person, newspaper guy are getting baked goodies
We don't get too crazy with gifts. That's about as far out as we go.

Back
Top Bottom