Chronicles of the Golden Eggs

Yeah tell me about it, normally I have the exact opposite problem, but now its going to be difficult for me to continue this line it seems...

One of them seem to have a slightly redder comb, could it be?? Crossing my fingers it is! That would be just to saddening if not, you need to continue this line!!

Ahhhh we need some better pics James. Can you take some of each one and then we will see if you have a roo in there. It does look like you might!

What a terrible quandary James; to be cursed with all pullets. Having found myself on the wishing end for a cockerel, I feel for you.
smile.png

Thanks for the pictures.

Ill post some more pics and some have ..slightly.. more tint to the comb but at this age I would have expected more.

Ok, mine are much more white coloured, the pullets turned out more light brahma, but I'll get a good pic of the roo I kept as he is turning out stunningly silver laced even though he was badly feather-pecked by one of the barnies he is in with. I now have my banty roo (see left) keeping the peace in the chick run. He's a diamond, and splits up any squabbles right away.

Hey James, just checked this thread for the first time in a while. Looks to me the bird on the right in photo is probably male. If not I know where there are some. Not too proud of the naked middle toe on the pullet next to him though. That's why you need to hatch many chicks to pick you breeders from.

Back
Top Bottom