Chukar Pipping so hard!!! Need guidance..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lunaheather1, Aug 22, 2011.

1. lunaheather1

lunaheather1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    Red Bluff CA
    Ok It has now been 26 hours since I noticed the first pip. She has widened her hole slightly and I see her beak moving in and out. But problem is where she made the hole its low like to the side more towards the small end and I dont know how she can manage to make it out. My humidity is at 53 percent and temp is good. Anyone have any advice ?

2. lunaheather1

lunaheather1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    Red Bluff CA
    Well I am super sad right now. He died trying to pip out and I figured out why he wasnt making it out. He was deformed! One of his legs was a lil stump and the other leg had only one toe. Super sad. Even if he did break out he would have died anyone have an answer as to why he was deformed. How often does this happen. Are my other eggs that are pipping going to be like that? Goodness I feel all horrible.

3. pax12

pax12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    Sorry for ur loss it just happens some times

4. Hucklekree

Hucklekree Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    Enumclaw
    Sorry too! I know it's heart breaking but deformities do happen sometimes. There isn't much you can do to aviod them except if you know who the parents are maybe don't breed them again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by