Churp Churp !!

Quote:
Sounds like spraddle leg, can you post a pic? I had one that scooted around on its bum for a while until I band-aided its legs together.

Hard to tell, others are all over the place and this one is like he can't get his legs under him. He gets around but it is in a wierd way. Although later this evening he was a bit better.

How old is the chick? If it is spraddle legged you can fix it with a band-aid, but it needs to be done in the first few days before the bones (I think it is?) harden. It is very simple, and even if it isn't spraddled, it won't hurt the chick. Just take a large bandaid and cut it in half lengthwise. Use the gauze part as a spacer between the feet. Wrap one ond of the sticky around one ankle, and the other sticky around the other ankle, and fix them to the gauze. I was told to leave it on till it fell off on it's own, but mine was on for a week, and didn't fall off. I can't even tell now which chick it was!

Did this one have any trouble hatching? Mine bled a lot when it hatched (thanks to my DF deciding to 'help' it), so that's why I think it was like that. I haven't had any others hatch like that.

I just took some pictures, appears to be getting around better but still not like others. I did have to help this one out. Was only one I had to but just seemed so weak. I've been keeping a good eye and now appears bright and happy just not walking like rest.
C8E7FE44.jpg
77BB0175.jpg
BB80B0F2.jpg

Thank you
big_smile.png
I was so worried about this little guy. I already did the band-aid to the legs. Keeping a good eye on him/ her. (I can't tell yet because I am so new at this).
wink.png

Awwww... what a sweet little guy! I hope he's going to be ok.

Churp! Churp!

LOL... I don't know why but I just adore this spelling! Every time I read it it makes me gleeful.
lau.gif
gig.gif

It should be fine, just make sure to watch the toes if you need to cut the band-aid off in a few days. I was so scared with mine that I would get a toe between the scissors right as I was snipping!

Back
Top Bottom