Cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Fleecy718, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Fleecy718

Fleecy718 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    My best friend's older sister decided to get two ducklings. She lives in the garage (she's a total mess with her life) and smokes in her room (the garage). The two ducklings are also in that room 24/7. She's extremely scary and has piercings and no eyebrows and a Mohawk and... Well, I don't really want to talk to her (I don't even know her, really. Talked to her once). Is the smoking going to for sure kill the ducklings? If so, I'll pull my bootstraps up and tell her. But if they'll be okay, or mildly uncomfortable, then I'll have to hope for the best.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'd be more worried about the smoking killng her rather than the ducklings.

Don't judge the book by the cover. Beneath all that she may be a nice person. Not all must conform.

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

So was this maybe one of those impulse, they're-so-cute-I'm-taking-some-home kind of decisions to get a couple ducklings? Hopefully not and she has a plan for properly caring for them as they mature. Aside from the smoke obviously not being good her... no, it's not good for the ducks either. Birds have very sensitive respiratory systems. But they are her ducks to raise however she wants, if you can influence her on their needs, not only now but as they grow up, more power to you. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by