Cinnamon Queen Thread!

How can you tell the boys from the girls on rir x slw ?

A RIR x SLW cross should produce red (girl) or white (boy) chicks. There will not be distinct stripes like the above picture.

Red female RIR x SLW cross (except for black chick which is Olive Egger)

Male RIR x SLW cross (white or yellow)

I have raised Cinnamon's for a few years and they are one of my all time favorites. The parent stock is made from a proprietary Cackle Hatchery
00ae.png
(located in Lebanon Missouri) bloodline/strain of the Rhode Island Red male and the Rhode Island White female. They are also color sexable as chicks for the first generation which are the chicks you receive direct from Cackle Hatchery. Cockerel chicks are white and the pullet chicks are more brownish red in color. They have very fast body development, fast egg production and rich brown egg shell color. This breed will start to lay eggs at a younger age than most standard heritage breeds and produce big large/extra large brown eggs. Hope this helps. :eek:)

There is so much discussion of the term cinnamon Queen. this is Rosetta. I thought she was a RIRxRIW mix, but may be mistaken. Is this what you are calling a Cinnamon Queen?

You can visibly tell (at least I can) the difference between a Golden Comet and a Cinnamon Queen or a Red Star, just as you can visibly tell the difference between a BlackStar (RIR x BR) vs. an OE (FBCM x CCL or EE), which is also a black sex-link.

Peep_Show, in this older post you said you can tell the difference between a GC and a CQ. I, cannot. I have done Google searches and looked through different topics on this website and keep finding where the label seems to be interchangable with chickens that look identical. Can you tell me if my Mrs. Garrett is a GC or CQ? The reason I'd really like to know her "label" is because I definitely want more of her in the future. She has not laid an egg yet but she is so sweet, friendly, curious, and beautiful. Thank you in advance.

You're right, they do all look similar. She looks more like a Golden Comet or RSL to me. Do you know what hatchery or store you got her from?

I bought her and 4 other pullets from a local gentleman who was moving and need to sell his chickens. He said he got them in April as day old chicks but I don't know where.

Back
Top Bottom